Frederick P. Alimonti
Founder and Senior Partner
Founder and Senior Partner Rick Alimonti brings over thirty years of aviation and insurance litigation experience to the firm. His experience includes product liability, airline law, general aviation, and aviation insurance coverage. Martindale-Hubble lists Rick as an “AV” peer-reviewed lawyer, the highest rating awarded by the organization. Active in aviation law throughout his career, Mr. Alimonti has represented numerous clients from litigation through trial and appeal. Mr. Alimonti’s academic contributions to the field of aviation law include the formation and launch of the American Bar Association’s highly successful first Annual Seminar on Aviation Litigation in 1995. This program continues as an annual institution in New York to this day. Mr. Alimonti has twice served as chair of the ABA’s Aviation Litigation Committee and continues to be an active member of the Leadership of the American Bar Association. His positions include:
- Co-chair of the ABA, Litigation Section’s Standing Committee on Aviation Litigation for three-year term (1995 -1998; August 2007 – 2009)
- Meeting Chair, ABA CLE on Aviation Litigation, New York (2006, 2007, 2010)
- Member, Task Force on the Public Perception of the Legal Profession (2004-2007)
- Co-chair of the ABA, Litigation Section’s Standing Committee on Solo and Small Firms (2001-2004)
- Division Co-Director for the ABA Litigation Section (2001)
- Litigation Section’s Co-Chair for the ABA Annual Meeting in New York (2000)
Mr. Alimonti is a regular speaker on aviation law and aviation safety, and his presentations are highly reviewed by national and international audiences. He has published numerous articles on aviation litigation topics and administers CLE’s throughout the year on a variety of topics relevant to the aviation, insurance, and legal communities. His publications include the following:
- Fighting Fire with Water, Dealing with Difficult Adversaries (Litigation, Fall 2008)
- Ethical Hurdles Along the Way: Ethical Issues when Representing an Insured in an Aviation Case (ABA 2007)
- Columnist: Young Lawyer’s Corner. Aviation Litigation Quarterly (ABA 2006-2008)
- Who’s in Charge Here Anyway? Ethical Issues When Representing an Insured, The Brief, Vol 36, No. 2 (Winter 2007)
- Death by Misinformation? Governmental Liability for Faulty FAA Weather Information, 60 J. Air L. & Comm. 961 (1995)
- This Year’s Developments in Aviation Litigation, 64 J. Air L. & Comm. 29 (1998)
Mr. Alimonti is a member of the Southern District of New York’s mediation panel and was recently appointed to the SDNY Mediator Advisory Committee. He is an arbitrator for the City Court for the City of White Plains, New York and is a frequent guest lecturer at law schools on alternative dispute resolution. Alimonti Mediation Services was recently launched and offers a fresh, evaluative approach to mediation.
Mr. Alimonti is a graduate of Fordham University and St. John’s University School of Law, where he served as an Associate Editor of St. John’s Law Review. He is admitted to practice in the State of New York, the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, and Northern Districts of New York, and the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Second, Fourth, and Eleventh Circuits.
The proud father of two daughters and a son, Mr. Alimonti is also a private pilot. He currently serves as President of the Board of Trustees of the New Jersey Aviation Hall of Fame and Museum in Teterboro, New Jersey.
I will get back to you as soon as possible..